It's been a while since my last post, but I'm still here! A lot has happened in the past 6 months and I'm not trying to be neglectful of my blogging. In an effort to give myself some added motivation, I'm going to try to outline some of the things I have planned for this blog. By making this list public, hopefully I'll feel pressured to hold myself to it. So, without further ado, here's what you have to look forward to in the months to come:
- I'm currently working on a custom WordPress theme for this blog. It's taking a bit longer than anticipated, but it's coming!
- I've spent a good deal of time transitioning my courses to use OER materials. I wanted to take some time to reflect on the transition from MyMathLab to MyOpenMath and what the future may hold.
- I've experimented in the past with automating my course syllabus creation. Now, I'm trying to take this one step further and generate an entire course. I don't know how far I'm going to get with this, but would like to at least do an article about how I think LMSs could save instructors a great deal of time through dynamic course data.
- It's been a year since my foray into local politics. I'd like to take a look back on what happened since then.
- Lately, I've been playing a bit of FPS as opposed to my usual RPGs. It's given me ideas for some new metagaming posts.
- Finally, and perhaps the biggest news, I've been offered a new job! I don't want to give away too much yet, but let's just say there's potentially going to be a lot more math lessons here in the future! I do, however, feel obliged to reiterate that this is my personal blog and the views expressed here do not reflect the positions of any of my employers: past, present or future.
Anyways, I hope there's some exciting things to come. Thanks for reading!